Sunday, December 12, 2010

A dose of style for the...Medicine cabinet?

Talk about a late night project! The other night I was full of energy (caffeine) and ready to create. I wanted to sassy-up the medicine cabinets in our main bath for a while and why not start at 1230 am? I bought some Mod Podge months ago for this and one other project I have yet to tackle. Funny thing is, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE last night! I scoured the craft room and even a few other spots...to no avail. Anyhow, I told Mr C what I was going to do and he was instantly intrigued. He was up with tool in hand to help really tackle this job! Here is the HERS after:



I wasn't going to paint the cabinets, but that is exactly what we ended up doing! They were the same as the wall color but Mr C suggested white. White, you say? I am not one to argue with white!!! (you all know that!) They are now painted, clean and fresh. Today, we went to Michaels to buy more Mod Podge (I said to Mr C, and I quote "you know we will find the other jar tonight somewhere") Then, we picked out HIS and HERS scrapbook papers from my stash. We used Mod Podge to paste the scrapbook paper to the back of the cabinets! SO CUTE! I will be more than happy to do a tutorial as to what we did if you would like one. My camera died for the "afters" so I am only posting afters with iPhone pics. I can post the before and afters if you wish once the camera is recharged! I really love how it turned out!!!



Me C is awaiting a second glass shelf to be cut that is why there is only one at the moment!
Tell me what you think! Have you done anything like this in your bathroom to make the ordinary a little less blah? I love how it is personalized to our own tastes. I love blue and the black and white is so masculine and classic. Hope you like it!! Have a great day!

P.S. YES!!! We found the other Mod Podge...unreal.

6 comments:

Jenn December 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

LOVE that! So cute! Have you found the other modge podge yet?

Becky December 13, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

HA! Yes indeed we did! Actually the Mr did!!

Unknown December 13, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

So cute! I'm loving the "HERS!" ;p

Rosie December 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

Oh Becky, this is AMAZING, in fact you have totally inspired me...I have a very :( little cabinet that needs a little :) So, maybe if Cinderella gets all her work done...she can play with "modge podge" for the first time tomorrow.
;D
Dear one that was a FINE cuppa this morning...thank you for the exquisite card. OH SUCH TALENT!

Have a perfect week...hoping your shopping trip was a total success.
.......hugs...Rosie...

Simple Daisy December 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

LOVE it!!!
So very creative:)

Unknown February 25, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

What a great way to dress up and cutify a typically homely space!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)