Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dirty little secret #1 part 2

Last June I started to makeover my fireplace and mantle. Remember my Dirty little Secret #1?
Well, let's just say it took a long time to find the perfect mirror to crown the fireplace. Once I saw her on Craigs List, I knew she was fit for the area over the mantle. I finally got rid of that UGLY dirty little secret-the old light fixture! Today Mr. C and I hung her over the mantle and boy, she looks purrty!
First, we capped the wires safely and put this over the spot to close it up, tho not permanently.



Here she is...isn't she lovely?





Now I just need some spring mantle inspiration! Gonna shop my house to try and come up with something pretty! Have you changed out your mantle for spring yet?

4 comments:

Randi March 16, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

oh so pretty! good job!

Barbara Matson March 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

Awesome find! I found a great mirror on Craigslist a while back as well. Sometimes it is hit or miss isn't it?

Vintage Home March 23, 2011 at 9:41 PM  

WOW so you covered the lights!..This mirror is stunning!

Rosie March 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

You have worked your "MAGIC" again! She IS beautiful...well done dear one...and you are on HOLIDAYS??!!...how FUN is that? Yes, I would LOVE to meet you for tea or maybe a trip to the Fort Langley Antique Mall??? I must warn you I move like a snail these days...but I am walking again. Call me...do you still have my #?
oxxxoxoxoxoox Rosie xoxoxoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)