Thursday, April 8, 2010

First sewing project in 21 years!

I did it! I am so happy! I mad a re-usable shopping bag as my first sewing project!!!! I used fabric from a sheet set I bought at a local discount store for $10. The body of the bag is made from the sheet material. Pretty and springy isn't it? The handles were made from an Amy Butler fabric I picked up here locally in one of the sewing shops.

Sew, with my trusty re-purposed paper from wrapped up glassware, I made a pattern and Mr. Cupcake made a mock-up cardboard 3-D version. I had to figure out how to make the bottom of the bag 'roomy'. He is so good at fabrication of automotive stuff so he jumped at the chance to help me :)


To my surprise, I did pretty darn good and all in good time I might add.

I have started a table runner for my dining table from the same lovely blue and white fabric. Can't wait to finish it up and create a spring table scape!
Here are some pictures of my first project! oooohhhweeeee!!!!








Have a wonderful sleep tonight! See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Dawn April 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

oooooooooohweeeeeee! what's up with that? what's up with that!
nice job mi amiga! you are sew my hero! i need lessons now please. STAT. actually, i shamefully admit that my sewing machine is still in the box! yikes! can't wait to see her(the beeeeyoutiful bag) in person, she is darling! congrats Seamy B! xo

Rosie April 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM  

Oh...you do hang with a
CRAZY Crowd...PLEASE help our SWEET ROCKETGIRL get that silly machine out of the box...how can I live vicariously through you people with the BRAND NEW SEWING MACHINES if she has not even broken the seal...
Wow, to the great SHOPPING bag...may I assume you are stopping by R&R to like, TRY IT OUT...wonderful project! ...and I too, am sew impressed!!!!...Rosie

Rosie April 14, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Thanks so very much for your kind words...I have to say that lilacs top my list for spring flowers...as for the old house...she is old and crooked...{1902}...her name you ask?...the money pit! Ahhh, we still love her though. We are ALWAYS fixing and tweeking...I'm sure she'll show up {in bits and pieces} in future posts...how goes the sewing?? I keep checking... WAITING for a few more pics...enjoy your evening...Rosie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)