Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love my Mom

I spent the entire day with my Mom yesterday and it was so great. We went to a couple home decor stores and she bought some hardware for the curtains we re-desined for her living room. The curtains had grommets to hang them . Mom did not want the grommets so we cut them off and made a rod pocket at the top with some extra fabric to gather at the top. They look great! My StepPop put up all the new hardware while we pressed and sewed. Finally at around 8:30pm they were up and looking great! I didnt take pictures, I am sorry to say.

Mom bought me a book that House Beautiful put out a few year ago that has How To's for various home decor items. Sorta a DIY idea book with how to's...I am eyeballing a few things in there :)

The kids all came over too...so we played Tag out side in the yard for a bit. Jake is getting so big!! The 2 little girls are sleeping over tomorrow night and asked Uncle if he could get them "lots and lots of candy" for the sleepover....ofcourse he did...

So four more days off including today and the weather looks as though it may co-operate a bit. I may be able to spray a piece I have been waiting to tackle. Will it be the short dresser or the buffet for the TV? I think the hutch for the Tv and components. Common Sun, Dont fail me now! Im'm off for some coffee before the big clean today...secretly I get loads of satisfaction from a sparkling bathtub...seriously, I do. Good Day. xoxo

4 comments:

Rosie April 15, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

oh sweet girl...it was a Window 7 update. I lost my little "photo collection" for doing posts... fortunately, the store doesn't have that windows program. I have already started over...and am *starting* to smirk again...I hope to be smiling by tonight}...thanks for your concern.

Now, aren't moms great!!! I adore my mom. You are so L*U*C*K*Y to have yours close by...let your creative juices flow and enjoy that wonderful book...I have to say I am a magazine girl...oh so many, but never can have enough inspiration.
well the sun is gone, and alas, I must get some work done here at the store...smile on Rosie

Becky April 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky April 15, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

Rosie, are you in the store tomorrow? dawn and I have errands to run and will pop in to see/meet you!

Dawn April 15, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

your momma is so cute...how can you NOT love her. shame shame double shame for no photos. xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)