Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Valentine gift from my Sweetie

For Valentine's day Mr C built me a bench I have been pining over (no pun intended cos it's made of pine)...well maybe intended...a little. I saw a bench on Ana White's blog that was a pretty little simple bench. Rustic if I finish it that way. You can see Ana's blog here and the instructions to boot! It was a sweet surprise when I came home from a long 12 hour shift at the hospital to a cutie-pie bench made with love :) hee hee!


Photo borrowed from Ana's Website

I am trying to 'fumble' my way through distressing it...I have primed, painted it Martha Stewart Sea Glass, sanded it to distress it and just now, put a coat of white on top of that. I read in blog land how to glaze with craft paint so I am gonna try that next. Call it my trial and error paint project...

Any tips (and I mean any) would be graciously appreciated! Hope you are liking the slow and steady progress of the mudroom! It's really coming along :) The bench will be going in there :) We have painted the walls now and put in a new door bell. Just anxiously awaiting the arrival of out new screen door :) Mr. C is going to put up board and batten too...he loves the look and of course, so do I!!!

4 comments:

Jenn February 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Beautiful colour on the bench! It sounds like your mudroom is going to be gorgeous! I totally want to do the board and batten in our laundry room but there are too many projects on the go right now. Maybe in the Spring. I seem to remember you were supposed to get me some dates that you were available for crafting...

Kat March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

Awww...what a cute hubby. I love that color!

Shabby Soul March 5, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

What a sweet valentines gift!! I love it!

Marcus Design March 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Hi Becky! Crazy small world hey? So glad you popped by my blog and led me here!! It's so fun to actually be able to 'meet' local people in this crazy world of blogging. I love your blog and will definitely be following.
Nancy xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)