Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Part 2: Mudroom update

Bonjour! The mudroom is in progress as we speak and looking good! Mr Cupcake has been busy as a bee putting up dry wall, taping and mudding. It looks like a real room...a new build room sort of! Complete with drywall dust. Cough cough.

Here are some progress shots:



Notice the sad sad sad screen door? Yeah, well it is missing glass, weather proofing and is dented and dirty. Soo we have picked out a new door! Here she is! We wanted one that has some degree of privacy with the low panel and I think I will put a tie shade on it as well at some point. What do you think?







We had to self level the floor...what a job! Went well though. We have tile to put down and Mr C has made me a rustic style bench to put in there too! (more on that in a future post)

We have been looking at light fixtures and have some bright possibilities...I need some inspiration for this part tho. Here is one I like:


I can see the light at the end of the mudroom...

4 comments:

Jenn February 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

I love that light fixture! I can't wait to see the completed room! If Josh wants some extra drywall work, I have a project for him!!

Randi February 25, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I'm impressed and I like!

Everlasting Blooms February 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

Looks like it will be such a great little room when you are all finished!Can't wait to see the finished product :)

~ Have a happy weekend!

Super Handyman Dave March 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

Takes a lot of work but looks good so far.Dave

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)