Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Baby is Here! At last!

Finally , after waiting oh so patiently, our little man arrived ON HIS DUE DATE (Jan 24) at 2251! It was a very long day, starting with our regular OBGYN appt for a weekly check up. Well, things went quickly as my water broke in her office! Straight to the hospital I went with regular contractions starting almost immediately! We couldn't believe it!

Arriving at the hospital we were brought in to maternity triage to get our initial assessment and await our room. LOVE that you labor, deliver and recover in the same private room...so so nice. Long story short, I ended up having contractions for 9 hours without dilating past 7cm and the pain was getting INTENSE. I opted for an epidural around 1700, however, I did not get it until 2100 as there was only 1 anesthetist in the hospital and 2 emergence surgeries needed between being told it was coming tol I actually recieved it. The analgesics they gave me really didn't work, they allowed me to rest a bit in between contractions (1-3 min apart) ut the pain was still pretty intense.

Epidural insitu, they hug a bag of oxytocin to assist with dilation and withing a short period of time and watching over 1/2 hour, baby was stressed. So we ended up having an emergency c-section. I was so excited to meet my lil man, I wasn't the least but concerned...Daddy however was pretty nervous and did an great job sort of hiding that fact. He arrived safely, needed some intervention but is doing FANTASTIC! What a lil trooper!!

It took quite a few days to finalize his name but I am pretty sure we have agreed on Alexander James :) First doctor appt was today and all is well :)

I will leave you with a picture of my little man...baby Alexander. I think he is just perfect.





Feeling over joyed and VERY blessed,

7 comments:

birdie blue January 31, 2012 at 6:11 PM  

congratulations, he's perfectly adorable. love his sweet cheeks, and his name.

xo
molly

Jenn January 31, 2012 at 9:40 PM  

He is just SO beautiful! I can't wait to see him in person. Happy to hear that he now has a name though! Let me know when you are up for visitors. Thinking of you!! xoxox

raggygirlvintage February 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM  

He's a punctual guy! So sweet, enjoy him and congrats to you both!
Tracey

Aubrey February 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM  

Congratulations!! He is absolutley beautiful

elaine February 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM  

oh so sweet! Enjoy your new little man! Littly boys are THE BEST! He looks lovely. My little guys middle name in Alexander. Great choice :)

Rosie February 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM  

Oh dearest he is so handsome... congratulations to you, Josh and of coarse Charlie. ENJOY this sweet little bundle...YIPPPEEEEEE....xoxo Rosie

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. March 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

Awwww, this is so exciting to read!!! Congratulations on your new little guy.

I'm excited to meet mine in 5 weeks (or less)! Ahhhh!

:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)