Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Addition-Charlie's Story

I have some lovely news to share with you all! Mr Cupcake and I adopted a fur-baby! We have been looking on the SPCA's website at kittens & cats for a long time now. Sunday night we decided the time was right and we could go meet the cats we saw online. When we walked in we could hear meowing from each of the four rooms. There were 6-8 cats in each room. We met a few little characters but one really 'spoke' to us.



Charlie is a beautiful adult (approx 3 years old) grey tabby cat. A mackerel tabby by proper name. His coat is shiny and soft with bracelets of color around his tail and legs. He has the most beautiful green eyes that looked to be rimmed with black eyeliner-so striking. Charlie came to the SPCA on June 11 and we picked him up and took him home with us on July 12. He was at the shelter for 1 month and a day. He was so sweet and cuddly we knew he would love to come home with us! So we filled out the paper work and the rest is history!










His first night went well. He seemed to keep checking that we were still here! It was as if he was unsure if this was all a dream. But it's real Charlie-you are our lil fur baby now-and we are totally smitten with you! Look at our handsome guy!

I must give a shout out to the Maple Ridge SPCA-what a wonderful crew. They are obviously so in love with all the animals. They are all so well taken care of! If you are considering a new pet please think about adopting one from the SPCA. These animals all deserve a second chance! So glad Charlie has his!

Have a purrrrr-fific day!

6 comments:

Dawn July 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

yay charlie! love love love! is that why your mama was up at 0930 blogging?????? cuz that's pretty early for her ;)

Maria July 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Oh I wish we could have cats... my husband is deathly allergic {gets terrible asthma around cats}
I am so glad you adopted from a shelter!
Charlie looks very grateful and so content on his blankie...
What a lucky boy!

My daughter, Amanda, drove 8 hours to rescue one of her dogs... She wrote about it in this post from her old blog.
Doggie in the Window

Blessings to you and your new family member!!!

Rosie July 13, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

oh sweet one ...you have so lived up to the endearing title by which you are known to me...I LOVE that you adopted from the SPCA...and Charlie is obviously in heaven...He is such a pretty boy...or rather handsome...and looks to be quite smitten with his new Mama...how fun...congratulations on your new baby!
.............love Rosie............

Randi July 14, 2010 at 3:05 AM  

Congratulations! Welcome to Charlie!

Rosie July 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

hey girl friend,
I left a message with Dawn that I have a Ton of fabric {vintage and pretty pieces I have collected} we are cleaning out the shop back room and I am just giving it away...I use to make vintage quilts, but no time for that anymore...I think you might like it...I have started wash it all, but there is soooo much, and I don't which if any of it you want...soooo...could you please call me as soon as you can to let me know if I have tempted you in any way...enjoy this pretty day...Hi Charley Boy...love rosie

Rosie July 14, 2010 at 11:07 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)