Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Post Christmas Wrap up. It is sort of a 'let down' feeling. But Christmas was fun :)
Busy as usual but lovely. Mr Cupcake and I received a BBQ! Cannot wait to set it up and start BBQin. But what we need is a NEW RANGE. Ours is defunct. How can I run a business if my baking oven is CRAP?!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Christmas eve is here. Hard to believe. I have spent the day with my sweet husband doing things that may not seem Christmasy. We have had a lovely day doing laundry in our new home. Loads of the stuff. Then we watched a movie and ate roasted garlic n cream cheese on crackers. Hubby made it for us-mmmmmm :) Vampires of Forks beware. r
Our little tree as we did not have time to put up our great big one...
Sweet little couple ornament from Hubby's parents last year
My fave ornaments are these cupcake ornamnets from Home Sense a couple of years ago
We have yet to wrap our gifts for tomorrow...no worries. Hakuna Matata! Can't wait to see my little rays of sunshine tomorrow! All 4 of them YAY! If you don't already know, I adore my three nieces and only nephew. Each of them is so unique. In a word: AFREAKINGDORABLE. I plan on doing a blog entry for each of them in the near future.
We hosted a little soiree on the 22nd for my Nursing school friends and their families. It was a potluck not to be soon forgotten. Everyone needs a good party story. Diaper changes and white mats do not work well with each other. That's all I am saying.
Thought I would post a few updated House pictures to document the progress we have been making. ope you can get a sense of what we are trying to do! Please ask away if you have any questions or advice!
Our plan is tp paint these white...what do you think? This is taken before the slate back splash was installed...
Look at the 3 layers of lino! So many hours spent scraping!
Looks like no pedestal for me :( This plumbing is nuts!
This is our fireplace. Please someone tell me how to improve this to a more Shabby Chic look!?
I am at a total loss...
My adorable hubby patching the wall up...
On another note: TLC is rolling right along! Orders are pouring in. Thanks to those of you who have placed orders and for your terrific comments! We love you!
Happy Holidays from Mrs & Mr Cupcake! Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
It's the most wonderful time of the year....It's night number three for me but thankfully my last shift before Christmas. I have alot to do on my turn around day. Please, go ahead and call me CRAZY because I have a party to host tonight. I am all scrambly inside because there is so much yet to be done so I can be in tip top shape for the fab 5 to come see my new house! (ok so Diggs already saw it pre-any work). We have DIY'd quite a bit thus far...
The Laundry and Powder Room:
- All fixtures removed. Basically gutted, like a fish. The lower half of the walls were replaced d/t some leaky pipe. Mr Cupcake did a mighty fine job drywalling and mudding. He is a DIY superstar in the making :)
- Old vanity ripped out by my BIL (I think he enjoyed ripping that old thing out) and he also removed la toilette.
- Washer/Dryer removed (can I please have my functioning W&D back!?)
- The 3 decades of lino...yup you could name the year by the paterns-hilarious. Not so funny as we scraped and scraped and scraped. Then just when we thought we were done, we scraped some more. Who know it had to be down to bare cement slab. UGH. My R wrist thanks you lino lovers.
- The beautiful slate has been laid (almost finished we need 5 more tiles to finish under where the vanity will go). My BIl grouted it last night!!! BEAUTIFUL!!
- Left to do...install new vanity and la toilette. And paint.
- The stunning slate backsplash is up, sealed and just needs to be grouted. Picked the color last night 'Alabaster'. You were correct dear BIL...smart man.
- One coat of paint is on the walls. Yet to do trim ect...oh and my dear cabinets...they NEED to be white as soon as possible. Guess it has to wait a bit.
The Living Room:
- All the walls in the hall and main living room are painted! Most of teh trim is primed...the wainscoting is primed :) Can't wait for teh bright white paint!
There is so much left to do...we have also painted the walls in the Master BR and the Guest bedroom/Craft room.
We have not set up ANY Christmas decor as of yet...that is todays job. After I sleep for a bit post night shift! I will add pics soon, promise :)
Thursday, December 17, 2009
ANNOUNCING....live and in person....
So I have been feeling really overwhelmed and busy as of late. Not only because Mr. Cupcake and I have been busy unpacking and painting...and getting the place as ready as we can for a little Christmas shin-dig...My dear friend and I have been planning, designing and baking our little hearts out (and all while working 12 hour shifts at the hospital!!!) *fewph!* Here is what I think I am legitimately whining about!! But equally excited about!
Find out more by looking at (and following) our evolving blog :)
More updates VERY soon! Keep your eyes peeled and sweet tooth on standby!
Please! Become a fan on Facebook too!
Love, light and sweets,
Monday, December 14, 2009
Today I will put a few things away in the kitchen and sand some trim to be primed.
I wish Mr Cupcake didnt have to go finish working on his baby (car) esp since it is snowing on and off. 11 days til Christmas and I haven't done a darn thing for it yet...better get at the day!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Well I must have over slept. Ok I did oversleep. I had a Christmas soiree to attend after night shift so I am BAGGED today after getting home at 0300 today. It was so fun though. Whats a little grease fire, a broken toilet and a hilarious Brita folly??? Priceless. So because I over slept, we didn't make it to the new abode to prep/paint. Tomorrow we will have to work double speed! We have some wonderful elves coming to help us tomorrow and I am so grateful. Polyfil and putty knifes for all.
We still have to pick out paint colors. UGH, this is proving to be very daunting and we only need to pick out one color! (Besides the trim color-white ofcourse). So I ask the decor gods out there...what shall I do? The overall look of the rooms will be easy and shabby chic. But we are starting with little or no furniture so its hard to envision the correct color. A beige, tan or taupe. I would love WHITE on all walls, but Mr Cupcake isnt so sure. Any suggestions???? Please help!
I will continue to post inspiration pics and hope I get some help from those of you who stumble onto Cupcake & Ruby Slippers :)
As this is our first home this looks so great! I saw it on an amazing and inspirational blog today.
I wonder if Chapters has this???
We have been given an amazing deal on some tike for the laundry room and powder room. As well as the backsplash in the kitchen if we wish. Not to mention the fireplace surround. To the little tune of FREE!!! how generous!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Clean Sweep. Yesterday my MIL and I went to me and Mr Cupcakes new house to clean clean clean. And that is exactly what we did. We figured we would get the kitchen and bathrooms done so we can just put all our K & B stuff away as soon as it is in the house. Easy Peasy right? Well we were there for 12 hours! Here is a breakdown of what we did...thus far.
- kitchen cupboards SO CLEAN now and uppers are all lined as well as all drawers lined :)
- Fridge, stove, dishwasher & washing machine all cleaned out and ready to go
- Bathrooms both cleaned: cupboards, drawers and all porcelain pieces.
- Blinds in the kitchen, dining room, living room leaned well
My dear thoughtful friend came by unexpectedly and brought a beautiful potted poinsetta and greenery. So lovely and our first little house warming prezzy :)
We got home at 0100 and fell into our bed and fell fast asleep. Woke early for dentist trips and family visit (little Sadiekins). I hope to have a nap as it is back to work for 2 night shifts. Shouldn't be too difficult as I kinda miss work a bit. 2 nights and off for 5 glorious days to work on the new abode. Still needs a name (our home). Hopefully it comes to me in the next week or so.
xo Mrs C