Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Powder my Woes

I need advice stat. I am stalled on my powder room accessories. I love the shabby chic, cottage look as you all know. I also love the idea of a beachy cottage powder room. My dilemma is this: The mirror I currently have to use is beautifully ornate and more of a rococo/Parisian style. The light fixture has a more beachy look...what should I do? can I use them together? You can see the light fixture here: and the mirror here:. Until I figure out this little conundrum the accessorizing is stalled. I have seen lovely things to decorate with at a few of my fave stores (Home Sense, Roses & Rutabagas) but I am stuck on what direction to take it. So it goes out to you...my friends...can I keep my mirror for the powder or is it too mish mash?

8 comments:

Rosie April 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

Bon Jour, right back at you ...your bathroom is looking great! Don't sweat the mirror. I think your common thread, is in the color. Pop a push pin in the wall and live with it for a week. Yes, it's an "eclectic mix" but sometimes it's the unexpected that makes us go "WOW"... and if it's not what your after...JUST GO SHOPPING :D
Wishing you a very Happy Easter. ...love Rosie

Dawn April 2, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I say hang it + see...it's such a gorgeous mirror...xo

Randi April 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

I don't think there should be "rules" for decorating. You use what you love and you will love your home.

I like the mirror very much.

koralee April 5, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

What a lovely blog you have...I love your name...so sweet. Just found you through rosie and so happy I did...have a great week. xo

Rosie April 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

Amen, to the no rules suggestion...now... did you hang it...how does it look... GREAT,I bet... Decorating should be fun...smile on...Rosie

Rosie April 5, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

P.S...THAT IS ONE SWEET BUTTON!!!!
Looks pretty cute on my site...;D

Becky April 7, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

I have yet to hang it ladies. Mostly because Mr C has to put the mirror back in the frame for me. But I think I will hang, accessorize and post pics for feedback. I need to shop at my 2 fave local spots on my 3 days off! Can not wait! Thanks for all the input, taken to heart xoxo

Sara's Sweet Surprise April 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

I just had to respond here...we've been working on our second home redo. It's a very dated condo. We've just completed two of the three powder rooms. My thoughts are as follow...your mirror is a beautifully (defined)ornate focal point, that will primarily draw your eye to. I wouldn't worry about the light fixture competing for attention, especially if it's tone on tone with all the other hardware. If in the future you desire a change, you can swap out the glass to fabric lamp shades for a cottage flair.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)