Thursday, May 6, 2010

Here comes the sun, do dee doo doooooo!

Sun sun GLORIOUS sun! At long last a full day of sunshine. You all know I have been patiently (ok so maybe not so patient) for good painting weather. Well thank you Baby Jesus! And Mother Nature. It's about time! So, what did I get up to today? Well, I had so much fun completely refinishing the chair a co-worker gifted me. Thanks to a wonderful palm sander from Mr Cupcakes best buddy I wsa ready to start. Sanded and primed I was finally ready for paint! My paint and primer combo: KILZ primer (followed by light sanding) and my weapon of choice...white spray paint! GLORIOUS!

Rocketgirl came by for a visit and we decided to high tail it to Fabricland to pick out my seat cushion fabric. I had actually been looking at this fabric the last 2 times I was there...lovin it up.

Here she is BEFORE her makeover:



After:








Up close and personal with the cutest turquoise fabric:



I also worked on my desk-I was SOOOO productive today (well, the house work had to wait) but look at all this goodness!! Primer-ed!!



And if all this wasn't enough excitement...MY BFF is currently in labour!!! I can't handle the waiting!!!!! I think she is having a girl...but soon we will know for certain. I can't wait to meet this bundle! CANNOT WAIT!!!

Back to reality tomorrow for 4 shifts...Have a beautiful weekend :)

8 comments:

koralee May 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Oh thank you for the visit...your chair is so lovely...I really need to do that with some of mine. Off to follow you so I do not miss another single post. xoxoxo..adore your blog.

Dawn May 6, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

eeeek! shrieeeeeek! lookit the chair! oh it turned out just perfect! good for you! i will miss you when you go back to work tomorrow :( xo

Rosie May 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM  

C*R*A*Z*Y* good...I think before and after are soo exciting...this is why I love being at the store... the search and rescue, so exciting ...I love...love...love this fabric choice. It is so very fresh and springy...Shhh...did you hear her?...she's singing..."I feel pretty ...Oh so pretty..I feel pretty and witty and gay..."
She is quite delightful...as are you :)

Love Rosie

Randi May 7, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Oh, I am so impressed, what a great before and after!!! yeah!!!

Rosie May 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Have a good day tomorrow girly~girl ...enjoy the weekend...Sweet dreams...love Rosie

Rosie May 8, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

Thanks so much for your sweet moms day wish...Hoping for a "do absolutely nothing" day tomorrow ...today was insane...I am beyond exhaustion...you two lovely girls have the most adorably, groovy site in blogland...xoxox Rosie

Rosie May 9, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Wishing you a marvelous monday sweet girl...off to market...love rosie

Rosie May 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

what a lovely greeting my dear...are you on days off yet? Hope the sun stays so you can paint...paint...paint

sending you a smile...a very tired smile...but a smile all the same...
love C

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)