Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yardwork and pumpin up the curb appeal :)

Mr C and I were terrible side tracked today whilst organizing upstairs. We were taking a coffee break and Mr C said to me "Come outside for a sec and help me trim the front bush/shrub." So I did and now it is GONE. We yanked that sucker! So much more light comes in through the front window now. . Now....what do we do now? I need help, inspiration, ideas, and well...help (oh I already said that). So here is the obligatory before and after of the front area of our home.

BEFORE:



AFTER:





Any ideas????? Garden or sitting cafe bistro type area? Or both!??

6 comments:

Dawn May 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Looks so lovely! Good job you muscular tree removers! Sure opens up the space! I vote garden! Although, I do know of your lovely new little garden set....muah. xo.

Rosie May 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Oh sweet one, that looks great!...how very kind of your husband to invite you to the planning meeting...my wise husband decided, after a crazed moment of complete InSaNiTy, to clean off the branches of our 100 year old pine tree in the back yard...:O....AHHHH!...hmmm...not one of his finer landscaping moments...I have hidden the saw...and planted a lot of ivy {actually looks a mite better,} but....shhh, he should not know this...happy Saturday night...love Rosie

Randi May 16, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

night and day! wow

I say, hydrangeas

Rosie May 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Hmmm...yes Hydrangeas would be nice as long as you kept them trimmed ...whatever you go with will be groovy...you can't lose on this one...love rosie

hey, how did those pulls work out...I want to see the desk :)

Rosie May 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Thank you for the sweet visit this morning, hope your day is completely wonderful...love Rosie

adrienneritchie May 21, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

I would personally love to see a boxwood hedge under the window and then a hydrangea hedge in front of the boxwood. Depending on how much sun you get would depend on the variety. Limelight hydrangea's are gorgeous.
Happy Planting!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)