Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Linen tie up shade by the moonlight

Those of you who really know me may know that I can tend to be a little impatient. I like to think I am 'motivated'. HA! That even made me laugh. But I did decide to attack the linen fabric I just received (thank you Mr. Mailman!) and make the real curtain for my kitchen door. I found the tutorial for this on Cozy. Cottage. Cute. You can see it here.

I learned a few things working with linen. Especially as a newbie seamstress. It stretches and can be a tad difficult to work with. But I did it. I think. Not bad for a first time linen-er (a word yes?) As menitoned I am a smidge impatient (excitable) and I took pics with le iPhone and well, they are less than pretty. But here are a few to peek at.







So what do you think? Does it look ok? No, my walls are not pink...they are Amiskwi by General Paint. It is considered a white, but it has a tint of pinky beige I guess. Very light...I love it. In real life.

Oh and Charlie wanted to say Hai! as I worked on my shade...oh cats are so funny...



Lemme know what you guys think!

xoxo

5 comments:

Jessica November 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

GREAT job! You are so talented. I can't believe you can sew...I didn't know that about you. I am jealous lol

Maillardville Manor November 18, 2010 at 2:13 AM  

Love IT!!! I love the little bows especially!! Thanks so much for the comment, I missed your comments while I was "away" We'll definitely have to meet up sometime, neighbor :)
p.s. any fabulous shops you'd recommend out this way? I've been to the Homesense like 10 times already :)

Rosie November 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Well, let's see....
appealing, attractive, captivating, charming, cute, darling, dear, delectable, delicious, delightful, dishy, dreamy, fetching, heavenly, pleasing, precious...

.....need I say more?

Think of you and Dawn OFTEN...miss you too...HUGS...Rosie

koralee November 21, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

I love them!!! Good job..I have my sewing machine out and it is waiting for me to get my slipcovers done...it is waiting...waiting..waiting...sigh..must get that job done. My trouble is sewing is not considered FUN for me..and now with Christmas coming I find other FUN things I would rather do.

Your sweet Charlie is lovely.

Hugs for a cozy day...I think I see a few snow flakes falling. xoxo

Rosie November 21, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Oh Charlie...you are just too cute for your own good...bet that sweet face gets you many a scratch and a few extra treats...tell your mama I stopped by...~R~

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)