Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest we Forget

First and foremost....
Lest We Forget...Thinking about those who fought for our freedom and continue to do so...
I love you Grandpa...remebering you greatly today....



Well hello there strangers...I am still around I swear! I have been busy with all that life throws at us and jusst havent felt like blogging as of late. I am determined to get back at it! I thought it would be a great idea to post a picture of my guest bed (aka The Dolly Room-no there are no dolls in there...hubby thinks its a Dolly room because it is so girlie). It is FAR from finished...I am still desperately seeking a headboard. I am not having any luck! Cot on Craigslist, at the local thrifts, nuthin! The search continues...
I love my frilly duvet cover! It has shams that are so sweet, but I need new stuffer pillows for them. I painted the dresser and I am still in the process of putting on the hardware as I need longer screws...must get the to Home Depot! Anyhow, this is a teaser pic...soon I will have something pretty to share.

NEW WINDOWS go in at the end of this month! I cannot wait! Which brings me to...new window coverings...ugh...gotta start thinking of that!

Hoep you have a great day and thank you so much to those who still love me despite my abscence!
Much Love,

4 comments:

I Love Pretty Little Things November 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Welcome Back! everyone needs a little break occasionally.

I am looking forward to seeing the progression of the "Dolly Room" Fun Project!
Enjoy,
Joyce

Jessica November 11, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Hello!! No worries on the sparce blog bosts. I still love you :) Your duvet cover is amazing! I don't even have that nice of one on my bed. Lucky guest.

Thanks for the teaser, can't wait to see what it looks like all done up.
Xo

Jenn November 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Nice to have you back Ms. Cupcake!! I have been missing your posts but still love you! I can't wait to see your finished room. I hear you about the headboard - I have been contemplating making an upholstered one for our room but just can't quite the energy up. Ahhh...I will just add it to my wishlist!
Jenn xoxo

Maria November 12, 2010 at 3:47 AM  

Good morning!
I love that duvet cover!
I'm shopping for a plain white one... I took off my duvet from the comforter and loved the "all white look" of my bed... it always looked so snuggly all white like that...
Now I'm on the hunt...
I may just sew two flat sheets together if I can't find one for a reasonable price!

Thank you for your grandfather's service to our country. These people have real courage!
*happy weekend*

~Maria

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and please feel free to comment :) I love comments :)